MiAccess: Virtual Reality Learning Experience
Cultural Perspectives have developed virtual reality (VR) learning experiences as a way of communicating personal stories of people with disability from CALD communities and the way in which an NDIS plan has empowered them and increased their quality of life.
About the VR
- VR is a computer generated simulated experience that allows users to feel as if they are immersed in their surroundings.
- The VR experiences feature real families from community with lived experience of a child with autism and their journey navigating the NDIS.
- As a user you are immersed into the homes and spaces of each family as a ‘fly-on-the-wall’ style experience.
- The VR experiences developed by Cultural Perspectives have been produced in Arabic, Cantonese, English, Mandarin and Vietnamese. This includes an in-language voice over and narration by the parents featured in the VR experiences, as well as English/translated subtitling.
Cultural Perspectives deliver free interactive sessions using the VR experiences with community, service providers and organisations facilitated in Arabic, Cantonese, English, Mandarin and Vietnamese.
These sessions provide information on the following topics:
- An understanding of disability in CALD communities in Australia
- Background to and accessing the NDIS
- CALD community engagement with the NDIS
- Autism and resources available for CALD communities
- A live demonstration on using the MiAccess website
- An opportunity for participants to participate in the VR experience.
Book a session
Cultural Perspectives deliver sessions to community and organisations in all states and territories.
To book a session complete the contact form below.